For this project, I was given an article that featured the history of digital type. The length and format of the article begged for it to be turned into a book. Since the article follows a historical time line, the book is a large landscape format. This way the book feels like a time line when opened without literally being a time line.
The biggest challenge with this project was the desire to feature each typeface discussed but not having access to those typefaces. Therefore, I used an unrelated experimental typeface as the bones of the book - titles and body copy. When possible I used the discussed typefaces as artwork appropriate to the article.
Due to the limited time, I was only able to get a handful of spreads completed. I hope to have more time in the future to finish the other spreads and possibly get the book printed.